Mattress Terms & Conditions
- Our mattresses come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). You are entitled to a replacement or repair for a major failure.
- Please choose carefully however as we do not offer refunds or exchanges for change of mind or circumstances. Any change of mind regarding the firmness/softness, size or the material used in the mattress after purchasing is not acceptable.
- There is an unavoidable variation in softness/firmness between the mattresses at the showroom and the one delivered to you. This is mainly due to the difference between a few months/years old mattresses at the showroom and the brand-new mattress delivered to you.
- We strongly recommend coming into our warehouse to try a mattress before you buy where possible as each manufacture and each customer has their own definition of firmness/softness.
- Warehouse Furniture Clearance follows Australian standard bed sizes. It is the customers responsibility to ensure they order the correct size. If you need help with dimensions or choosing the correct size, please ask.
Mattress Warranty Explained
- Our mattress warranty protects the consumer from manufacturing defects that would require repair or replacement. Defects can include coils or wires that are broken or piercing through the fabric, sagging of 5cm or greater if the mattress has been used on an appropriate solid foundation.
- The warranty does not cover problems that arise due to misuse, mishandling or failure to follow the manufacturers instructions.
- Each mattress is only entitled to one claim. If you are given a second mattress under warranty this second mattress will not come with a warranty.
- The warranty is valid for the original purchaser only and is not transferable.
- Repair or replacement of defective parts or products is at the discretion of Warehouse Furniture Clearance.
What Is NOT Covered Under Our Mattress Warranty
- Improper installation or use. All mattresses require a solid flat foundation for support.
- Body impressions of less than 5cm.
- Mattresses which are not free from stains, rips, or tears
- Softening of mattress under normal use.
- Normal wear and tear or imperfections that occur through normal use of the mattress during the warranty period.
- Fabric wear due to normal use.
- Medical conditions, allergies, back pain, or other health claims from product use.
- Damage cause by insufficient rotation of the mattress.
- Damage due to incorrect storage.
- Incorrect choice by the customer.
- Minor manufacturing variances which do not impact the performance of the mattress, e.g., mis-stitching.
- Use for commercial, rental, or other business purposes.
Wondering if you made the right choice with your new mattress?
A lot of people find that when they get their nice new mattress home it isn’t actually as comfortable as they remember the display model being.
Before you start second guessing your new investment there are a couple of things you should consider:
- Like a new pair of shoes your new mattress needs to be broken in. The more you use the mattress the quicker the materials will soften to resemble the mattress you were expecting.
- Remember that nice soft mattress you tried out in the showroom? Well, that mattress has had hundreds of people sit, lie and roll around on it meaning it is ‘broken in’ before you come along and test it out so naturally your brand new mattress is going to start off firmer than the display model. This firmness is caused by the foam layers. As you continue to sleep on your mattress the pressure and weight from your body will relax the foam and mold it more to your body.
A mattress is not something you change on a regular basis which means your body is used to the shape and feel of your old mattress and it will take time to get used to a new support system. Most mattresses take 30 – 90 days to fully ‘break-in’. If you find that the mattress is just too firm in the early days, we always like to suggest adding a pillow top mattress topper to give a little more cushioning while your body adjusts to the new mattress and the mattress to your body.